Sunday, August 6, 2017

Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1): Amy plum




Hey y'all! 👋👋👋
So I know I've been essentially MIA these past few months. Summer is always a slow time in the book world in general, and for me it's even slower because I take time with my family and do the whole vacation thing.
But I'm also still just really struggling with blogging and reading in general, and that's caused a huge gap in getting new posts and content up.
My life is still a ridiculous mess most of the time... As I juggle work, school, and still caring and supporting my mom while she's still recovering from the brain tumor and multiple surgeries this past year.
But I promise I'm going to start trying really hard to be more involved with everyone and get myself back into this awesomely bookish world.
So with that all said, why don't we jump into the review of this crazy book?!



Cata Cordova suffers from such debilitating insomnia that she agreed to take part in an experimental new procedure. She thought things couldn’t get any worse...but she was terribly wrong.

Soon after the experiment begins, there’s a malfunction with the lab equipment, and Cata and six other teen patients are plunged into a shared dreamworld with no memory of how they got there. Even worse, they come to the chilling realization that they are trapped in a place where their worst nightmares have come to life. Hunted by creatures from their darkest imaginations and tormented by secrets they’d rather keep buried, Cata and the others will be forced to band together to face their biggest fears. And if they can’t find a way to defeat their dreams, they will never wake up.


Holy heck y'all!!!

I can't even comprehend what exactly this book did to me yet haha.


Like this book took so many crazy twists and turns, and had me on the edge my seat.... well, bed the entire time.




Let me just explain it all real fast.

So.... I pre-ordered this book back before it came out. It was delivered on release day..... And then what do I do? I sit on it forever and a day. So anyways. I've been having an awful time getting Into any books. I finally found a couple here and there. A sci-fi, or a fantasy. But even some of the ones everyone's been talking about and into, I just can't seem to get to hold my attention.
I've read 2 books. And started and stopped about 6 this past month. It's been brutal. And I've been kinda antsy finding something that does it for me (and it's not like these books I try are boring either. I just can't get myself to enjoy them)

So back to this book. I finally decided last night that I'm still in a fantasy mood (particularly YA)
So I'm looking through my shelves and piles of books. And nothing is catching or pulling at my attention.
And I just happen to spot Dreamfall. I can't remember at all what the book's about. But I love Amy Plum, which drove me to pre-order the book to begin with.
So I head off to bed (I'm an insufferable insomniac. So the start of bed time for me is around 1 or 2 am. 1 in this case.)
Ironic I know, considering what this book is about (It was not lost on me y'all. Not one bit har har)

And for once, I start this book and immediately it catches my interest. So fast forward 4 hours. And it's 5 am now.... blurry eyed, about to pass out where I'm sitting up in bed, I turn to the last page and HOLY FREAKING JESUS ON A FREAKING CRACKER!!!!!

Like my mind is so completely blown and I have no words, and I'm trying to be as quite in my freaking out as I can, so I don't wake everyone plus my cats up in the house. But I'm silently rocking, mouth open, staring down at this mind bomb of a book.... And trying to figure out if I missed something somehow, because there is no possible way that was the actual end to the book. Like there's got to be a epilogue to the epilogue..... And scouring the internet to find out if this book is going to be a series, because I cannot deal with that ending at all haha. (FYI I believe I figured out that this book is going to be a duology)



But let me just say. As crazy that all wound up being..... I loved the book from start to horribly fantastic cliffy end haha

This book took me on such a roller coaster and I loved it so so much.

It's one of those books that leaves you guessing, and just when you get it all figured out.... BOOM!! Something changes, and you're left speculating all over again.

But that was the fun part of the book. Never knowing who or what was going to be the bad guy. Or what was real and what was not.

I also loved how Amy split this book into the 3 POV's. I always get a little worried when there's more than 2. Books can get messy and confusing when you try to show too many angles.
But in this case, it added so much more depth and understanding to the story.
The characters grew on me so fast, and I found myself rooting for all of them, and crushed by particular developments concerning a few of them too.
But guy! Guys! I had something about the characters pegged so well. And OMG I almost freaked out when I found out I was right.
Like you Go Amy Plum! Giving us such unique and interesting characters.



This book was a terrifying, and even at times a freaky read. And exactly what I needed in my time of bookish need.

Plus it gave me a chance to stretch out all those book mojo powers of mine and take a crack at the mystery. And let me tell you. I was spot on a few times. And other times I was just barely brushing on being on the right track. while a few I was completely not expecting.

This book had great in-depth characters that you start to feel and fall for so whole heatedly. And can't wait to see what will come of them.
While also offering a very colorful and expanded world. That could only come up in our most twisted haunting nightmares.

Thanks for some of those BTW Amy. I totally appreciated them at 3 am haha.

But I can't tell you all how much you need to go pick up a copy of this book. It was totally stunning. And if anyone knows.... I've got to know if there will be more!!!

Without a shadow of a doubt...

I give DREAMFALL
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


POST EDIT!!!!!
This book IS part of a duology, and the 2nd book is called Neverwake!!
(I need it NOW)

No comments:

Post a Comment